Terms and Conditions of use
Information is a key organization asset and essential to share, both internally and externally, in order to perform our mission and achieve our business objectives. However, it is also our responsibility to ensure that Sandvik's personal and business critical information is protected from inappropriate disclosure, modification, misuse or loss. Please read this Terms and conditions of use policy carefully before using this website/enterprise portal (the "portal").
Introduction and acceptance
Unless otherwise agreed to in writing by the Sandvik AB (publ), reg. no. 556000-3468, SE-811 81 Sandviken, Sweden ("Sandvik") and the Sandvik Group, by using the Sandvik portal, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions of Use Policy without limitation or qualification. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using Sandvik’s portal. If you do not agree with the Terms and Conditions of Use Policy, you are not granted permission to use the Sandvik portal.
All references in this Terms and Conditions of Use Policy to “we,” “us,” or “our” shall refer to Sandvik and the Sandvik Group. All references in this Terms and Conditions of Use Policy to “you” or “your” shall refer to the users of Sandvik’s portal.
Exclusion of warranties and limitations of liability
Sandvik’s portal is provided by Sandvik on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Sandvik makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of Sandvik’s portal or the information, content, materials, or services included thereon, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In particular, Sandvik does not warrant that Sandvik’s portal, its servers, or email sent from Sandvik are free of viruses or other harmful components. Sandvik will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of, or inability to use, Sandvik’s portal, including, but not limited to, direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages, whether in contract, tort, or otherwise.
General use of the portal
- In order to access Sandvik’s portals, you are required to provide information about yourself (such as identification or contact details) as part of the registration process and as part of your continued use of Sandvik's portal. You agree that any registration information you give to Sandvik will always be accurate, correct, and up to date.
- You agree to use Sandvik’s portal only for purposes that are permitted by (a) this Terms and Conditions of Use Policy.
- You agree not to access (or attempt to access) Sandvik’s portals by any means other than through the interface that is provided by Sandvik. You specifically agree not to access (or attempt to access) any part of Sandvik’s portal through any automated means (including use of scripts or web crawlers) and shall ensure that you comply with the instructions set out in any robots.txt file present in the portal.
- You agree that you will not engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts Sandvik’s portal (or the servers and networks which are connected to such the portal).
- You agree that you will not reproduce, duplicate, copy, republish, upload, post, transmit, distribute, modify, sell, trade, or resell Sandvik’s portal, or any portion, feature, or content thereof, for any purpose; provided that you may download one copy of the materials on Sandvik’s portal on any single computer only for use in a way that are in the best interest of Sandvik only and you may print one copy of the materials on Sandvik’s portal for use in a way that are in the best interest of Sandvik only; further provided that you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices on any such downloaded or printed materials.
- You agree that you are solely responsible for (and that Sandvik has no responsibility to you or to any third-party for) any breach of your obligations under the Terms and Conditions of Use Policy and for the consequences (including any loss or damage which Sandvik may suffer) of any such breach.
- You must be 18 years or older to use Sandvik’s portal unsupervised. If you are under the age of 18, you may only use such the portal in conjunction with, and under the supervision of, your parents or guardians.
- You must be a human. User accounts registered by “bots” or other automated methods are not permitted.
- Your Sandvik portal account may only be used by one person – a single Sandvik portal account shared by multiple people is not permitted.
- You agree and understand that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your Sandvik portal account and password. Sandvik cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You agree that you will be solely responsible to Sandvik for all activities that occur under your Sandvik portal account.
- One person or legal entity may not maintain more than one Sandvik portal account.
- If you become aware of any unauthorized use of your Sandvik portal account or password, you agree to notify Sandvik immediately.
- We reserve the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, your access to Sandvik’s portal, or your Sandvik portal account with or without notice.
Comments, communications, and other content
Certain features within Sandvik’s portal may allow you to post comments, send emails and other communications, and submit suggestions, ideas, comments, questions, or other information (together “Commenting”). You agree, understand and represent that all of your Commenting: (i) is accurate, (ii) is owned or otherwise controlled by you, (iii) is not illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third-parties, and (iv) does not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of "spam." You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of Commenting. Sandvik reserves the right (but not the obligation) to monitor and edit or remove any Commenting activity or content. If you do post Commenting content or submit Commenting material, you grant Sandvik a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such Commenting content throughout the world in any media, including the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such Commenting. Sandvik takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Commenting content posted by you or any third-party.
The Sandvik portal may be linked to other websites not maintained by us. We do not control and are not responsible for the content of and policies governing use of those websites not maintained by us. The inclusion of any link to such websites does not imply approval of or endorsement by us of the websites or the content thereof.
The Sandvik portal retains personal data as submitted by you the user, as part of the registration process only for as long as your account is active. You may terminate your account at any point in time. Terminating your account automatically removes all personal data stored within the Sandvik portal.
Ownership, copyright and trademark
All content included on Sandvik’s portal, such as trademarks, service marks, trade names, text, graphics, logos, icons, button icons, images, data compilations, domain names, and software, is the property of Sandvik or its content suppliers or used with permission. The compilation of all content on this site is the exclusive property of Sandvik and may be protected by several nations and international copyright laws. All software used on this site is the property of Sandvik or their software suppliers and may be protected by several nations and international copyright laws. Nothing on this site should be construed as granting any license or right to such content or software.
Copyright and trademark complaints
Sandvik respects the intellectual property of others. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement on Sandvik’s portals, please notify us immediately.
Sandvik does not provide the technologies used to build the portal, and therefore, neither recommends nor endorses the same. Any information regarding identified technologies, including their capabilities, limitations, and applications, should be sought directly from their manufacturers. Sandvik hereby disclaims any rights to trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, copyrights, patents, domain names, or other intellectual property interests of third-parties.
Changes to the terms
We reserve the right, at any time, to modify, alter, or update the terms and conditions of this Terms and Conditions of Use Policy without prior notice. Modifications shall become effective immediately upon being posted on our portal. Your continued use of the website and portals after modifications are posted constitutes an acknowledgement and acceptance of the Terms and Conditions of Use Policy and its modifications.
March 25, 2016
how to contact us
Any questions about this Terms and Conditions of Use Policy should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at: Sandvik Construction, Kungsbron 1, 111 22 Stockholm, Sweden.